Château Durfort-Vivens 2010
• Domaine: Château Durfort-Vivens
• A.O.C: Margaux
• Classification: Second Growth, 2ème Grand Cru Classé in 1855
• Soil: deep gravel from the Quaternary period (Günz and Mindel) with a sand/clay matrix
• Grape varietals: 70% Cabernet-Sauvignon, 6% Cabernet Franc , 24% Merlot
• Vinification: wooden and concrete vats with capacities that enable each parcel to be treated separately
• Maturing: an average of eighteen months in Bordeaux type barrels made from fine grain oak from the forests of central France. 35 to 45 % of the barrels are renewed every year
"Following decades of mediocrity, this property has finally produced a wine worthy of reviewing. A blend of 72% Cabernet Sauvignon, 22% Merlot and the rest Cabernet Franc, the 2010 (13.9% alcohol) possesses a dark purple color as well as a sweet bouquet of spring flowers, black currants, blueberries and damp earth. Medium-bodied, elegant and concentrated with more depth, richness and texture than other recent vintages, it will benefit from 6-8 years of cellaring and should drink well over the following two decades." - Robert Parker Jr., The Wine Advocate (5/1/2011, Issue 194), Ratings: 89-91, Drink: 2017-2037
Effective October 18, 2019, the US Trade Representative's Office imposed a new 25% value-added tax (i.e., import tariffs) on a wide range of European products (including French wine, Italian cheese and single malt Scotch whisky) to penalize EU subsidies for Airbus. EU has made counter-claims agains the US subsidies for Boeing. A ruling by WTO on EU's counter-claims is expected in the spring of 2020.
Our current prices are shown before taxes and tariffs. Any Futures (En Primeur) and Pre-Arrival order may be subject to the collection of additional tariffs. Tariffs will be based on the date of importation and the US tariffs in place at the time. Current rules exempt wines with alcohol content above 14.5% from the newly imposed 25% tariffs. We will offer free storage in our professional wine cellar in Bordeaux in the event of any delay in importation caused by the uncertainties created by tariffs.